Camping and hiking
Yes, I know, camping seems like a really boring subject, but you can go hiking and see beautiful views. And Zion National Park, 10/10. Amazing place filled with beautiful scenery. Though I suggest not going in the wintertime. Miserable, absolutely miserable. If you do, pack 32 degree clothing, plenty of warm socks, and plenty of warm clothing. One of my favorite hikes at Zion is The Narrows. The Narrows is a 16 mile hike. You walk in water most of the time. It also includes dry land, so don't fret. I suggest bringing poles, because they will be really useful during the hike. It is possible to walk it all in one day, so don't worry about camping during the hike. Just wake up fairly early.
You also may be exhausted afterwards so if you fall asleep once you get back to the campsite, that's why. Do the hike during the summertime, because the water will be really, really cold. May even be icy in some spots. Never did it in the winter, so I wouldn't know. You may even be in a good mood at the beginning, and a terrible mood during the rest of the hike. You can even get a souvenir to show that you hiked The Narrows. Though I doubt that can happen since COVID-19 came into our lives. Hope you stay safe and have fun during this interesting time.


Joan here
ReplyDeleteDefinitely agree about hiking the Narrows
One of the coolest experiences ever!
And you, gotta love the 32 Degree clothing for layering👍